COVID-19 Webinar No. 8: Considerations for Businesses & Employers
May 22, 2020
Downey Brand COVID-19 Webinar Series
Changes are happening. Quickly. With the recent spread of COVID-19 and its imminent effects on the workplace and the economy, state, local, and federal governments are issuing guidance and regulatory and legal changes in efforts to both reduce health risks and address resulting effects on the workplace and economic conditions.
These changes and guidance are rapidly hitting our inboxes and you or your business may need strategies for understanding your legal options. To help, Downey Brand’s client service group is scheduling a series of complimentary webinars, the eighth of which is scheduled for Friday, May 22, 2020, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
If you missed this webinar, you can replay a recording of it below.
If you missed our other webinars, you can access a recording of them on our website by clicking on the dates below:
During this Friday’s webinar we will offer updates and answers to some questions that you may be facing, such as:
- What happens to the emergency benefits under the FFCRA after employees are allowed to return to work?
- How can you address employee concerns about safe interactions with customers?
- What are the current guidelines regarding temperature checks?
- What do small businesses need to know about the evolving Paycheck Protection Program?
- If I have closed my business or it has otherwise been impacted, is there insurance available to cover lost productivity?
- If my business is still operating, would I have coverage for any third party claims alleging COVID-19 exposure?
- What is happening with the economy and indicators, and what can we expect?
- What do I do if I am a landlord, tenant, lender?
The presentation is meant to offer general guidance and thought leadership across many industries (including all-size private employers, public agencies, and non-profit associations), whether in or crossing the State of California. We will moderate a panel presentation that will include Financial Restructuring and Commercial Partner Jamie Dreher, Employment Partner Liz Stallard, Corporate and Data Privacy Partner Steve Hymas, and Insurance and Litigation Partner Anthony Vignolo.