COVID-19 Webinar No. 2: Considerations for Businesses & Employers
March 27, 2020
Downey Brand COVID-19 Webinar Series
Changes are happening. Quickly. With the recent spread of COVID-19 and its imminent effects on the workplace and the economy, state, local, and federal governments are issuing guidance and regulatory and legal changes in efforts to both reduce health risks and address resulting effects on the workplace and economic conditions.
These changes and guidance are rapidly hitting our inboxes and you or your business may need strategies for understanding your legal options. To help, Downey Brand’s client service group is scheduling a series of complimentary webinars, the second of which is scheduled for Friday, March 27, 2020, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
If you missed this webinar, you can replay a recording of it below.
If you missed our other webinars, you can access a recording of them on our website by clicking on the dates below:
During this Friday’s webinar we will offer updates and answers to some questions that you may be facing, such as:
- Are my employees and team members allowed to be in the office?
- What are the current and most recent changes to employee pay and leave policies and rules?
- What happens if we have to cancel our event or convention?
- How do I address insurance coverage and claim issues related to my business?
- How do the current circumstances affect my custody arrangement?
- How do I manage issues related to separate households?
- How do we help our own clients and customers through these challenges?
The presentation is meant to offer general guidance and thought leadership across many industries (including all-size private employers, public agencies, and non-profit associations), whether in or crossing the State of California, as well as address you and your family’s personal circumstances. We will moderate a panel presentation that will include Financial Restructuring and Commercial Partner Jamie Dreher, Employment Partner Elizabeth Stallard, Family Law Partner Kelly Pope, and Firm Managing Partner Scott Shapiro.
- March 18, 2020 – Order of the Yolo County Public Health Officer
- March 19, 2020 – Executive Order N-33-20
- March 19, 2020 – Memo from CISA regarding guidance on “Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers”
- March 22, 2020 – List of “Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers” from the State Public Health Officer
- Non-Federal Employers – Poster from DOL that all Non-Federal Employers are required to post and share
- Federal Employers – Poster from DOL that all Federal Employers are required to post and share
- March 18, 2020 – Notice from California Insurance Commissioner