COVID-19 Webinar No. 1: Considerations for Businesses & Employers
March 20, 2020
Downey Brand COVID-19 Webinar Series
Changes are happening. Quickly. With the recent spread of COVID-19 and its imminent effects on the workplace and the economy, state, local, and federal governments are issuing guidance and regulatory and legal changes in efforts to both reduce health risks and address resulting effects on the workplace and economic conditions.
These changes and guidance are rapidly hitting our inboxes and you or your business may need strategies for understanding your legal options. To help, Downey Brand’s client service group is scheduling a series of complimentary webinars, the first of which is scheduled for Friday, March 20, 2020, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
If you missed this webinar, you can replay a recording of it below.
If you missed our other webinars, you can access a recording of them on our website by clicking on the dates below:
During this webinar we will offer updates and answers to some questions that you may be facing, such as:
- Should we hold in-person meetings? Can my employees telecommute? What are appropriate time off policies under the current circumstances?
- What tax and economic relief and policies are the governments offering and do they affect me or my business?
- What happens if we have to cancel our event or convention?
- What happens if my customers don’t pay or show up?
- How do we help our own clients and customers through these challenges?
The presentation is meant to offer general guidance and thought leadership across many industries (including all-size private employers, public agencies, and non-profit associations), whether in or crossing the State of California. We will moderate a panel presentation that will include Financial Restructuring and Commercial Partner Jamie Dreher, Employment Partner Cassandra Ferrannini, Public Agency Partner Rebecca Smith, Corporate and Tax Counsel Aaron Johnson, and Firm General Counsel Sherry Haus.