COVID-19 Webinar No. 4: Considerations for Businesses & Employers
April 10, 2020
Downey Brand COVID-19 Webinar Series
Changes are happening. Quickly. With the recent spread of COVID-19 and its imminent effects on the workplace and the economy, state, local, and federal governments are issuing guidance and regulatory and legal changes in efforts to both reduce health risks and address resulting effects on the workplace and economic conditions.
These changes and guidance are rapidly hitting our inboxes and you or your business may need strategies for understanding your legal options. To help, Downey Brand’s client service group is scheduling a series of complimentary webinars, the fourth of which is scheduled for Friday, April 10, 2020, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
If you missed this webinar, you can replay a recording of it below.
If you missed our other webinars, you can access a recording of them on our website by clicking on the dates below:
March 20, 2020 | March 27, 2020 | April 3, 2020 | April 17, 2020 | April 24, 2020 | May 8, 2020 | May 22, 2020
During this Friday’s webinar we will offer updates and answers to some questions that you may be facing, such as:
- What are the current and most recent changes to employee pay and leave policies and rules?
- What do small businesses need to know about the CARES Act, and specifically the Payment Protection Program and the Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program? Jamie Dreher touched on this topic during our April 3rd webinar, and this week Corporate Partner Steve Hymas will do a deeper dive into these programs and answer additional questions.
- What is the impact of COVID-19 on force majeure clauses in contracts?
- What is the status of the courts and how are court closures impacting cases?
- How do we help our own clients and customers through these challenges?
The presentation is meant to offer general guidance and thought leadership across many industries (including all-size private employers, public agencies, and non-profit associations), whether in or crossing the State of California. We will moderate a panel presentation that will include Financial Restructuring and Commercial Partner Jamie Dreher, Employment Partner Liz Stallard, Corporate and Data Privacy Partner Steve Hymas, and Litigation Partner Annie Amaral.
- US Chamber Summary of Paycheck Protection Program Loans (pdf)
- Partial list of SBA commercial banking partners that will be supporting the Paycheck Protection Program (pdf)
- Paycheck Protection Borrower Application Form (pdf)
- Emergency Rules 1-11 of the California Rules of Court (as adopted April 6, 2020) (pdf)
- April 1 List of Essential Services Available in Sac County (pdf)
- March 23 Order Suspending Jury Trials 60 days (pdf)
- General Order 612 (pdf)