COVID-19 Webinar No. 3: Considerations for Businesses & Employers
April 3, 2020
Downey Brand COVID-19 Webinar Series
Changes are happening. Quickly. With the recent spread of COVID-19 and its imminent effects on the workplace and the economy, state, local, and federal governments are issuing guidance and regulatory and legal changes in efforts to both reduce health risks and address resulting effects on the workplace and economic conditions.
These changes and guidance are rapidly hitting our inboxes and you or your business may need strategies for understanding your legal options. To help, Downey Brand’s client service group is scheduling a series of complimentary webinars, the third of which is scheduled for Friday, April 3, 2020, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
If you missed this webinar, you can replay a recording of it below.
If you missed our other webinars, you can access a recording of them on our website by clicking on the dates below:
During this Friday’s webinar we will offer updates and answers to some questions that you may be facing, such as:
- What are the current and most recent changes to employee pay and leave policies and rules?
- How do commercial eviction moratoriums affect tenants and landlords?
- What are the best practices for dealing with the potential for delays to ongoing construction projects?
- What do small businesses need to know about the CARES Act?
- What loan and economic assistance packages are available to us?
- How do we help our own clients and customers through these challenges?
The presentation is meant to offer general guidance and thought leadership across many industries (including all-size private employers, public agencies, and non-profit associations), whether in or crossing the State of California. We will moderate a panel presentation that will include Financial Restructuring and Commercial Partner Jamie Dreher, Employment Partner Cass Ferrannini, Corporate and Real Estate Partner Danielle Stephens, and Construction and Litigation Partner Sean Filippini.
- FAQs on Temporary Moratorium on Tenant Evictions (pdf)
- Tenant Protection Program – Form Notice to Landlord (pdf)
- US Chamber Summary of Paycheck Protection Program Loans (pdf)
- Partial list of SBA commercial banking partners that will be supporting the Paycheck Protection Program (pdf)
- Paycheck Protection Borrower Application Form (pdf)