COVID-19 Webinar No. 7: Considerations for Businesses & Employers
May 8, 2020
Downey Brand COVID-19 Webinar Series
Changes are happening. Quickly. With the recent spread of COVID-19 and its imminent effects on the workplace and the economy, state, local, and federal governments are issuing guidance and regulatory and legal changes in efforts to both reduce health risks and address resulting effects on the workplace and economic conditions.
These changes and guidance are rapidly hitting our inboxes and you or your business may need strategies for understanding your legal options. To help, Downey Brand’s client service group is scheduling a series of complimentary webinars, the seventh of which is scheduled for Friday, May 8, 2020, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
If you missed this webinar, you can replay a recording of it below.
If you missed our other webinars, you can access a recording of them on our website by clicking on the dates below:
During this Friday’s webinar we will offer updates and answers to some questions that you may be facing, such as:
- What are the key components of a return-to-work plan?
- What are the considerations for implementing social distancing protocols in the workplace?
- What are the CDC and OSHA guidelines for maintaining a safe workplace?
- What if an employee refuses to return to work for fear of contracting the virus?
- What policies need to be updated as employees return to work?
- How has social distancing impacted estate planning?
- How can employers facilitate providing employees with piece of mind their loved ones will be cared for if something happens to them?
- How do I negotiate a workout with my lender or borrower?
- Would bankruptcy help my business?
The presentation is meant to offer general guidance and thought leadership across many industries (including all-size private employers, public agencies, and non-profit associations), whether in or crossing the State of California, as well as address you and your family’s personal circumstances. We will moderate a panel presentation that will include Financial Restructuring and Commercial Partner Jamie Dreher, Employment Partner Cass Ferrannini, Estate Planning Counsel Kristin Capritto, and Firm Managing Partner Scott Shapiro.