Work at Sacramento’s preeminent full-service law firm, Downey Brand LLP. We offer a congenial work environment and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Please direct all staff applications to Cindy Snook, Human Resources Director. Links to web applications for each position are provided within each job posting below. Applications submitted without all of the required documentation will not be considered.
The firm is always interested in hearing from qualified applicants with substantial law firm experience. To submit your application for consideration in the absence of a posting below suited to your qualifications, please click here: General Staff Application
Date Posted: August 24, 2021The firm is looking for a full-time Document Clerk for the Sacramento office. The candidate for this multi-faceted position must:
* Be able to pay attention to detail and have strong organizational skills
* Have the ability to set priorities and be capable of handling multiple interruptions while keeping on task and working independently
* Have a firm understanding of basic filing principles; be able to arrange items according to alphabetic and alphanumeric structures
* Have excellent computer skills, including Windows 7, Microsoft Office Word
* Ability to lift up to 25 pound boxes
* Experience working in a professional office environment
Duties include but are not limited to:
* Requesting and delivering records from offsite storage
* Filing documents, records and other media
* Indexing documents
* Scanning and copying legal documents
* Document organizational support to paralegals and legal secretaries
* Preparation of trial/deposition binders
* Bates labeling documents
* Projects related to trial preparation
* Coding of documents into litigation support software
* Performing clerical duties related to the above tasks
In addition to the skills and duties above, the ideal candidate will also have excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills. A positive attitude, strong written and verbal communication skills, impeccable attendance and punctuality, and a strong work ethic are essential. Experience with Legal Kay a plus.
We offer a congenial working environment, with excellent compensation and benefits. Qualified applicants may submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to Cindy Snook, Director of Human Resources, via the firm’s web application.
No phone calls please. Downey Brand LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Date Posted: September 22, 2021The firm seeks a Litigation/Trust/Probate Secretary for its Sacramento Office. Candidates must have significant (5+ years) experience in a litigation environment, and have thorough knowledge of federal and state court procedures and timelines, including various e-filing platforms. Experience in Probate law a plus.
Qualified applicants may submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to Cindy Snook, Human Resources Director via the firm’s web application. No phone calls please. Downey Brand LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.