* Be able to pay attention to detail and have strong organizational skills
* Have the ability to set priorities and be capable of handling multiple interruptions while keeping on task and working independently
* Have a firm understanding of basic filing principles; be able to arrange items according to alphabetic and alphanumeric structures
* Have excellent computer skills, including Windows 7, Microsoft Office Word and Excel
* Ability to lift up to 50 pound boxes
Duties include but are not limited to:
* Requesting and delivering records from offsite storage
* Filing documents, records and other media
* Indexing documents
* Scanning and copying legal documents
* Document organizational support to paralegals and legal secretaries
* Preparation of trial/deposition binders
* Bates labeling documents
* Projects related to trial preparation
* Coding of documents into litigation support software
* Performing clerical duties related to the above tasks
In addition to the skills and duties above, the ideal candidate will also have excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills. A positive attitude, strong written and verbal communication skills, impeccable attendance and punctuality, and a strong work ethic are essential. Experience with Legal Kay a plus.
We offer a congenial working environment, with excellent compensation and benefits. Qualified applicants may submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to Cindy Snook, Director of Human Resources, via the firm’s web application.
No phone calls please. Downey Brand LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.