Wildfires and Smoke: Managing Uncertainty and Risk
January 26, 2021
Unified Wine & Grape Symposium, General Session
Downey Brand partner and food and agricultural attorney Dale Stern, will be taking part in a panel discussion at the 2021 Unified Wine & Grape Symposium on January 26, 2021 from 9-10:45am. The panel will discuss the impact that the increase in quantity and severity of wildfires in California is having on the winemaking industry. Winegrape vineyards have been increasingly exposed to wildfire smoke, rendering crops unsuitable for commercial wine production. Speakers will address key knowledge gaps and challenges facing winegrape growers, winemakers, and managers and will offer advice on how to navigate the uncertainty that accompanies smoke events in wine country.
See below for an outline of the panel.
- Gregg Hibbits, Mesa Vineyard Management, California
- Dale Stern, Downey Brand, LLP, California
- Tom Collins, Washington State University, Tri-Cities
- Anita Oberholster University of California, Davis
- Bruce Pan, E. & J. Gallo Winery, California
For more information about this event and to register for the presentation, please visit the event page.