The Intersection of Water Law and the Endangered Species Act
December 20, 2019
Panelist, Lorman Live Webinar
Join water law partner Meredith Nikkel on December 20, 2019, from 10:00 – 11:30 AM for a live webinar facilitated to help water professionals ensure that their operations are in compliance with the ESA requirements, including the newly adopted revisions to the federal regulations.
Unsure what types of water operations require coverage under the ESA, or how to obtain that coverage? This presentation will help water professionals gain a better understanding of what types of actions trigger the need for ESA coverage and what options are available to obtain coverage. Attendees will gain a better understanding of how critical habitat is defined in the context of water resources, and what this means for water operations. Presenters will explain the important ESA role states play in the context of water, and how the ESA integrates with other commonly encountered federal environmental laws. After this presentation, water professionals will walk away with a better understanding of the broad scope of the ESA in the context of water operations and how to avoid violations that could result in embarrassing negative publicity, costly litigation, and even potential criminal liability.
- Obtaining ESA Coverage Under Section 7 Consultations or Section 10 Habitat Conservation Plans
- Fifth Amendment Takings
- Critical Habitat and Aquatic Species
- Effect of Revised ESA Regulations on Water Diversions and Rights
- The States, the ESA, and Allocation of Water
- Meredith Nikkel, Partner, Downey Brand
- Jennifer Buckman, Shareholder, Bartkiewicz, Kronick & Shanahan
- Kathy Robb, Partner, Sive, Paget & Riesel
View the event website for more information and to register. Enter the following discount code and priority code and receive 50% off the registration fee:
Discount Code: K4120799
Priority Code: 15999