The Golden State of Beauty: Update on California Legislative and Enforcement Activity Affecting the Cosmetic and Personal Care Industries
March 28, 2023
Speaker, 10th Annual Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Forum on Cosmetics & Personal Care Products
Join Downey Brand partner and Proposition 65 attorney Sophia Castillo in New York City on March 28, 2023 at 11:15 am as she presents on the the panel discussion entitled “The Golden State of Beauty: Update on California Legislative and Enforcement Activity Affecting the Cosmetic and Personal Care Industries.” Sophia will be speaking alongside attorneys Angela Diesch (Partner, Amin Talati Wasserman LLP) and Lynn R. Fiorentino (Partner, ArentFox Schiff) during this enlightening session.
Main topics include:
- Analyzing the California Safe Cosmetics Program’s (CSCP) success rate and compliance effectiveness
- Understanding how the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) impacts consumer data collection in the cosmetic and personal care industries
- Assessing the impact of Senate Bill 312 (SB 312), now known as the Cosmetic Fragrance and Flavor Ingredient Right to Know Act
- Understanding the potential impact and anticipating next steps for Bill SB 343 which calls for significant restrictions for recycling claims on product packaging
- Examining questions of preemption relative to such legislation
And a focus on Prop 65 activity:
- Identifying the latest wave of plaintiff’s claims made under Prop 65
- Examining defenses the industry is employing
For more information and to register, please visit the conference event page.