Navigating California’s Unique Legal, Permitting, and Environmental Risks for Offshore Wind
August 5, 2022
Joint Webinar Presentation
Please join us for a complimentary one-hour webinar on August 5, 2022, at 11:00 AM to hear from professionals from Downey Brand, H.T. Harvey & Associates, and Integral Consulting about some of the key risks to be faced by offshore wind developers interested in the California market.
August 5, 2022
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM (PST)
In case you missed it, you can watch a recording of the webinar on our YouTube channel and download a PDF of the webinar slide deck here.
California’s market for renewable power is primed for an incredibly exciting BOEM lease auction this fall for offshore wind development off of California’s coast, likely attracting attention from developers and stakeholders across the world.
Bringing floating wind to commercial scale in California will require innovation in technology, development of supply chains and local workforce, and expansion of port and intermodal transportation systems, that can create wide economic benefits across the state.
Successful development will also have to navigate regulatory, transmission and interconnection, environmental, and stakeholder hurdles that are unique to California’s political, legal, and regulatory systems.
Topics will include:
- Best practices for early-phase risk assessment
- California-specific transmission and interconnection
- California-specific permitting for offshore energy
- The necessity of local engagement and stakeholder collaboration
- Grace Chang, Ph.D. – Integral Consulting Inc.
- Brian Cragg – Downey Brand LLP
- Craig Jones, Ph.D. – Integral Consulting Inc.
- Sharon Kramer, Ph. D. – H. T. Harvey & Associates
- Christian Marsh – Downey Brand LLP
- Megan Somogyi – Downey Brand LLP
- Ian Voparil, Ph.D. – Integral Consulting Inc.