Intermediate CEQA Workshop: Webinar for Practitioners
February 10, 2021
Association of Environmental Professionals
Downey Brand senior associate and environmental attorney Hina Gupta will join other environmental professionals in a virtual panel discussion at the Association of Environmental Professional’s 2021 Intermediate CEQA workshop. This presentation will help attendees develop a deeper understanding of how CEQA and other State Guidelines are practiced. The workshop will include illustrative examples as well as case studies and is designed for mid-stage practitioners specializing in the environmental review process. The 4-hour workshop will be immediately followed by a 30 minute wrap-up session for Q&A and networking. See below for an outline of the panel and topics.
- Laurel Glass Lees, Controlled Thermal Resources US Inc.
- Hina Gupta, Downey Brand
- Konnie Dobreva, JD, E|P|D Solutions, Inc.
- Chris Mundhenk, Ascent Environmental
- A Brief Refresher on CEQA Essentials
- Exemptions (unusual circumstances, standard of review, mitigation/avoidance)
- Initial Studies and NDs/MNDs (Fair Arguments)
- Draft EIRs (Scoping, Objectives, Baseline, Thresholds, Mitigation, Cumulative Analysis, Alternatives)
- Final EIRs (Responding to Comments, Findings, Statement of Overriding Considerations)
- Subsequent Review (Addenda, Supplemental Documents, 15183)
For more information and to register. please visit the event page.