County Counsels’ Association of California Fall 2023 Land Use Study Section Meeting
November 30 - December 1
Embassy Suites by Hilton Monterey Bay Seaside, California
Elevate your legal expertise on important statewide trends, strategies, and best practices in land use law at The County Counsels’ Association of California’s annual Fall Land Use Study Section Meeting from Thursday, November 30 – Friday, December 1, 2023. Downey Brand partner Christian Marsh, senior associate Austin C. Cho, and counsel Brian E. Hamilton will be leading panels to provide attendees with the latest updates on CEQA and SGMA respectively. Join us for this two-day event to not only stay up to date on key legal matters, but also to fulfill your MCLE requirements in a meaningful and engaging setting. Attendees can earn a total of 11.0 Hours, including 1 Hour of Legal Ethics Credit.
The County Counsels’ Association is comprised of public attorneys who provide legal advice and representation to California’s 58 counties and other units of local government. The legal services needs of each county are substantially similar. However, geographic separation of the County Counsels can create a duplication of effort with respect to their services. The Association serves to mitigate duplication and improve the cost effectiveness of each office by creating a strong communication system linking each County Counsel. The Association provides the opportunity for a stronger, more unified voice for the public lawyer in serving the needs of clients.
The purposes and goals of the Association are:
1. Improve the quality of governmental law practiced in counties;
2. Support and encourage the highest legal ethics;
3. Provide continuing education and training of members;
4. Improve cooperation among offices in dealing with litigation and non-litigation matters of statewide importance and concern;
5. Promote specialization in local government law;
6. Develop incentives to encourage lawyers to enter and remain in the practice of governmental law.
Visit the County Counsels’ Association of California website to learn more and register.