Coffee With CGA’s General Counsel
January 17, 2020
Presenter, California Grocers Association's Independent Operators Symposium
Downey Brand partner Dale Stern will be speaking at this year’s Independent Operators’ Symposium from January 12-19, 2020, at the Fairmont Kea Lani in Maui, HI. Dale joins a list of notable speakers who will discuss key opportunities and challenges facing today’s independent grocery sector, and give attendees an opportunity to gain important perspective on building successful business strategies for the coming year.
Retailers and wholesaler attendees are invited to join together for a rare opportunity to sit down with CGA’s General Counsel, Dale Stern, and explore topics essential to help guide the success of your family business. Relevant and emerging subjects will be explored in a free-flowing format and offer plenty of opportunities to get your most pressing questions answered. Topics include:
- Growing Pains: How do I move from 2 stores to 12?
- Moving On: What to do when we lose our emotional leader? Can I afford to sell or retire?
- Compliance: Can I afford to not be sued? Store trespassing, MSB, generators licensing
- Succession Planning within the family structure
- Employment Issues: Embezzlement, disruptive employees, union whispers
- Business Entity Structures: Sole proprietorship, C or S Corp, ESOP
The annual Independent Operators’ Symposium balances inspirational educational programming with entertaining social and networking events. The intent is that attendees will walk away with a strengthened business acumen and feel more confident about the direction in which their businesses are headed in 2020. For more information, please visit the event website