Are you ready for 2015? Many New Laws Will Affect California Employers
January 27, 2015
Co-presenter, Downey Brand Employment Law Seminar
Ever-changing state and federal labor laws continue to present new challenges for California employers. Join us to discuss how the latest developments will affect the workplace in 2015 and beyond. We will also provide suggestions on how employers can enhance their policies and procedures to protect themselves from liability.
Topics will include:
- Legislative highlights: what new bills were signed and how they will affect the workplace
- New requirements for paid sick leave and the minimum wage
- Changes to the Fair Employment and Housing Act, including amendments related to unpaid interns
- Expansion of required sexual harassment prevention training
- Social Media: privacy issues in the workplace
Please join us for a lively discussion regarding these new changes and 2015 compliance!
Who should attend:
Executives, Human Resource Professionals, In-House Counsel, Front-Line Supervisors and Office Managers
MCLE* & HRCI** Credit:
Downey Brand LLP is a State Bar of California MCLE approved provider and this program has been approved for one hour of MCLE credit. This program has also been approved for one recertification credit hour toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI).
|Sacramento Seminar||Stockton Seminar|
|Tuesday, January 27||Wednesday, January 28|
|11:30am – 12:00pm Lunch||11:30am – 12:00pm Lunch|
|12:00pm – 1:00pm Presentation||12:00pm – 1:00pm Presentation|
|Downey Brand||University Plaza Waterfront Hotel|
|621 Capitol Mall, 18th Floor||110 West Fremont Street|
|Sacramento 95814||Stockton 95202|
*parking validation will be provided