2023 and Onward – Annual Employment Law Webinar
February 2, 2023
Downey Brand Employment Webinar
For those unable to join us in person on January 18, we are hosting a live webinar on Thursday, February 2, 2023, starting at Noon. Downey Brand employment law attorneys Cass Ferrannini, Liz Stallard, and Alex LaFountain will provide an overview of significant legal developments in California and federal employment law, including a review of employment-related legislation and recent court decisions impacting employers in 2023 and onward. Topics discussed will include:
- New discrimination/harassment laws, including protections for cannabis users (AB 2188), reproductive health decisionmaking (SB 523), and public access to employee restrooms (AB 1632)
- Expansion of employee leave laws, including new “designated person” requirements under the California Family Rights Act (AB 1041) and new protections for bereavement leave (AB 1949)
- The latest with COVID-19, including exposure notice requirements (AB 2693), workers’ compensation presumption extension (AB 1751), and job protection for emergencies (SB 1044)
- Wage and hour updates, including minimum wage increases, pay date reporting and pay transparency (SB 1162), and meal and rest breaks for public sector healthcare workers (SB 1334)
- Privacy law updates, including the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA) of 2020 and employee GPS tracking (AB 984)
HR professionals, business owners, in-house counsel, office managers, and front-line supervisors are encouraged to attend.
Thursday, February 2, 2023
12:00 – 1:00 PM
MCLE & HRCI Credit
Downey Brand is a State Bar of California MCLE-approved provider, and this program has been approved for one hour of MCLE credit. In addition, this program will be submitted to the HR Certification Institute for review.