2016 Employment Law Briefing
March 30, 2016
Co-presenter, Metro Chamber 2016 Seminar Series
Join Downey Brand partners Cass Ferrannini and Liz Stallard in partnership with the Metro Chamber for a lively discussion about the latest legal developments affecting the workplace in 2016 and beyond. Cass and Liz will suggest policy updates and strategies aimed at minimizing your company’s exposure and ensuring 2016 compliance. Specific topics will include:
- Wage and hour changes including amendments to the Equal Pay Act, new defenses for employers and a look at the proposed FLSA changes
- A moment of silence to commemorate the death of the piece rate
- The new amendments to the California Family Rights Act regulations and what they mean for employers
- Legislation and case law expanding whistleblower protections
- Reasonable accommodation of Pregnancy, Disability and Religion
Who Should Attend: Executives, Human Resource Professionals, In-House Counsel, Front-Line Supervisors, and Office Managers
MCLE & HRCI Credit: Downey Brand is a State Bar of California MCLE approved provider and this program has been approved for one hour of MCLE credit. In addition, this program has been pre-approved by the HR Certification Institute for recertification credit.
Visit the Metro Chamber website for more information and to register.
Wednesday, March 30, 2016
12:00 – 1:30 PM (lunch provided)
621 Capitol Mall, 18th Floor
Sacramento, CA 95814