The Firm’s Sunnyvale Office seeks an experienced Patent Prosecution Secretary. This is a rare opportunity to join one of the top patent groups in Silicon Valley. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of law firm experience supporting assigned attorneys/agents in a fast-paced environment. Must have thorough knowledge of USPTO rules and procedures, including working experience with Private PAIR, EFS-Web and EPAS.
* Monitor and maintain attorney/agent case dockets
* Review attorney/agent’s docket, provide updated information to the docket staff and reconcile the docket on a regular basis
* Assist with preparing and filing of documentation electronically with the USPTO including applications, responses, assignments, etc.
* Assist with preparing formal documents, obtain appropriate signature and follow-up as needed
* Maintain and organize electronic and paper files
* Other responsibilities as requested
Requires 75+ wpm accurate typing, word processing and proficiency with MS Office applications. Ability to accurately proofread documents, set priorities and work under pressure is critical. Must have a positive attitude, strong written and verbal communication skills, impeccable attendance and punctuality, a strong work ethic, and be highly organized with an extreme level of attention to detail. Salary commensurate with experience, and firm-paid health benefits are provided. Qualified applicants may submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to Cindy Snook, Human Resources Director, via the firm's web application. No telephone calls please. Downey Brand LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.