CEQA and Environmental Impact Reports: 2020 Cases, Standards, Mitigation Measures, Exemptions and Lead Agencies
November 11, 2020
Downey Brand partner and environmental attorney Kathryn L. Oehlschlager will be taking part in a panel discussion at an upcoming CLE Webinar presented by Strafford Webinars on November 11, 2020 from 10-11:30am. Kathryn will be joined by other seasoned environmental attorneys as the panel explores the current interpretation and enforcement of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the status of mitigation measures and exemptions. The panel will delve into recent CEQA developments, cases decided by the California Fifth District Court of Appeal, and the updated topic papers related to mitigation measures, exemptions, lead agencies, responsible agencies, and trustee agencies. See below for an outline of the panel.
- Kathryn L. Oehlschlager, Partner, Downey Brand
- Arielle O. Harris, Shareholder, Miller Starr Regalia
- Sarah E. Owsowitz, Of Counsel, Best Best & Krieger
- Measurement of the impacts of greenhouse gas emissions.
- Certification of administrative records.
- Assessment of traffic impacts based on the vehicle miles traveled standard.
- 2020 CEQA Case Law Summary: Ministerial approvals, Exemptions, Tiered CEQA documents, Mitigation measures, Statutes of limitation, and Certification of the administrative record
- Recently adopted CEQA legislation and regulatory updates
- COVID-19 related executive orders and Judicial Council Emergency Rules impacting CEQA practitioners
For more information about this event and to register for the presentation, please visit the event page.