CEQA and Environmental Impact Reports: 2020 Cases, Standards, Mitigation Measures, Exemptions and Lead Agencies
November 11, 2020
Downey Brand partner and environmental attorney Kathryn L. Oehlschlager will be taking part in a panel discussion at an upcoming CLE Webinar presented by Strafford Webinars on November 11, 2020 from 10-11:30am. Kathryn will be joined by other seasoned environmental attorneys as the panel explores the current interpretation and enforcement of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the status of mitigation measures and exemptions. The panel will delve into recent CEQA developments, cases decided by the California Fifth District Court of Appeal, and the updated topic papers related to mitigation measures, exemptions, lead agencies, responsible agencies, and trustee agencies. See below for an outline of the panel.
- Kathryn L. Oehlschlager, Partner, Downey Brand
- Arielle O. Harris, Shareholder, Miller Starr Regalia
- Sarah E. Owsowitz, Of Counsel, Best Best & Krieger
- What is necessary in an EIR under current guidelines?
- How have the courts asserted what is needed in an EIR and how questions to draft EIRs must be answered?
- What mitigation measures must a project implement to have an EIR approved?
- How can a project best qualify for CEQA exemptions?
For more information about this event and to register for the presentation, please visit the event page.