Clients that find themselves entangled in intricate legal disputes turn to Matt Weber not only for his legal skills, but because he also takes the time to understand the client’s issues before he recommends a litigation strategy.
Matt works with his clients to make sure that their litigation objectives are being advanced and met. He understands no two cases are the same and no two clients are the same and therefore Matt develops a litigation approach around the client’s objectives.
Matt’s practice focuses on complex litigation throughout California and his clients include individuals to some of the largest publicly traded companies in the United States. Due to the fact that Matt works diligently to resolve problems in the most cost effective and efficient manner, clients often rely on him to handle their disputes not only in California, but in other venues as well. Matt’s approach to solving client problems has led to many clients working with Matt on multiple matters and over the entire span of Matt’s legal career.
Matt has efficiently and successfully litigated hundreds of matters ranging from construction disputes, breach of contract matter, real estate disputes, to claims of lender liability. He also works with his clients to keep them out of litigation. Matt acts as outside general counsel to numerous general contractors, subcontractors, and owners. In that capacity he has drafted and negotiated hundreds of construction contracts on behalf of his clients, on both public and private projects.
- Successfully represented general contractor to collect outstanding amounts owed to client after several developers filed for bankruptcy protection. Collected all outstanding amounts owed to client, including interest and attorneys’ fees.
- Drafted and negotiated over $90 million worth of construction and design contracts for a dental school in San Francisco.
- Represented multinational corporation in inverse condemnation claim for damage to companies underground water treatment system, collected over $550,000.
- Drafted and negotiated contracts on behalf of owners, general contractors, and subcontractors for residential, commercial, and public works projects.
- Handled bid protest on behalf of general contractors on numerous public projects.
- Outside general counsel to multiple general contractors, and subcontractors, including general contractors with a multi-state presence.
- Successfully defended publicly traded financial institution against multi-million dollar claims of lender liability. Obtained judgment in favor of the financial institution.
- Successfully defended multiple financial institutions against lender liability claims arising out of both commercial and automobile loans.
- Successfully prosecuted and collected upon tens of millions of dollars of outstanding loans and accounts on behalf of financial institutions and businesses.
Honors And Rankings
Sacramento Magazine, Top Lawyer, General Litigation, 2016-2017
Super Lawyers, Northern California Rising Star, 2009-2013
Former Judicial Extern for The Honorable Morrison England, Jr. of the Eastern District of California
Former Judicial Extern for The Honorable Garland E. Burrell of the Eastern District of California